Tuesday 2 April 2013

Models Own Indian Ocean, Barry M Berry Ice Cream, Avon Nailwear Pro in Midnight

Two different manis to show today! Totally different ones at that...


The first is Barry M Berry Ice Cream with Models Own Indian Ocean on top - Indian Ocean looks good on everything.



As always, it's hard to capture properly, but in the light it's absolutely lovely, and shimmers between pink and blue.

Next up is a beautiful polish that was given to me by my lovely friend Emma. Emma is my own Constant Reader, to borrow from my favourite author of all time, Stephen King (not that I would dream of comparing myself to him, the man is incredible, I just like the term. Ramble ramble.)

It's from Avon, and is part of the Nailwear Pro collection. The shade is 'Midnight'. It's a very dark, very vampy purple, and it goes on really smoothly. I was also surprised that it doesn't smell as bad as most polishes (not that it bothers me, nail polish smells like home, haha) and also that it dries very quickly. Thank you Emma!!

Avon claim it is "Nail enamel fortified with acrylic gel for strength" and I agree that it certainly has the shine of gel.

Two coats, Nails Inc Kensington Caviar base, Nubar Diamont topcoat


Awful picture, as usual, but hopefully you get the idea. It looks a tiny bit patchy here, but not in real life. I would like to try more Avon polishes if they are all as nice as this.

Edited to add: I just noticed that these are on sale at £2.50 on the Avon website HERE. Bargain! I might have to invest in a few shades...


Thank you for reading!

5 comments:

  1. Both manis are lovely. I'll have to look at the Avon website at some point.

    N

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh that is a bargain! Might have a mosey on over myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barry M + Models Own combo is just adorable! I've only used Indian Ocean on top of baby blue polish, but obviously I need to try it on medium purple, too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are really pretty! I love the first look!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...