Sunday 11 March 2012

The Harrods Edition GlossyBox March 2012

Now, you'll know I don't normally post about non nail related things, but occasionally I buy a beauty product that makes me want to write a blog, and that happened today. So, because I can, I'm going to give it a go. I promise we'll get straight back to the nails afterwards, okay?


I have been a subscriber to GlossyBox (that's my referrer link there, I'm not gonna hide it!) since May 2011, and I have remained subscribed throughout, despite having been quite disappointed on more than one occasion - I'm one of those people that is always holding out for something great, you know? That's how they get you! Anyway, today I received the Harrods edition box and I'm really pleased...

The box is always exciting to open, so this one was no different to normal...it looks pretty swanky with the Harrods branding though, right?! As an aside, I keep all my GlossyBox boxes in my dressing table (ahem, read: desk) drawers as separate compartments for lip products, eye products etc...They are very useful. I also made my mum and sisters their own homemade beauty box using the empties at Christmas. But I digress - here's the GlossyBox:

The Harrods Edition GlossyBox

Note swish green Harrods ribbon

World's cutest Burberry lipstick


What I received:

Narciso Rodriguez For Her 1ml perfume sample - This smells expensive! Really lovely. I don't normally like perfume samples as scents are so personal, but I'm willing to admit that I'm glad I got this. I'm looking forward to wearing it properly tomorrow. This is a teeny tiny sample.

Molton Brown Heavenly Ginger-Lily Moisture Bath and Shower 50ml - Smells clean and fresh, this is a good size to take away on an overnight trip. We don't actually have a bath in my house (lovely shower only - we do wash!) but I will try it when I can.

YSL Forever Youth Liberator Serum 5ml - This is designed to 'increase youthful activity in skin cells'. At 27, I'm hopefully still fairly youthful, but I love serums and skincare, so this was a product I was very happy to see. This is one that I'm likely to buy if it has good results.

Burberry Beauty Miniature Lipcover Rosewood No4 0.8g -  Hooray! Makeup in a beauty box! I had been seriously missing getting any makeup recently, I had just about enough of skincare/hair oils! This is a stupidly cute little lipstick, and the colour looks very natural.

Clarins Extra-Firming Body Cream 30ml - Aside from the fact that I'm slightly paranoid that GlossyBox think I'm perhaps more mature than I am, I'm looking forward to trying this. I like Clarins a lot, and whilst I don't think I need a firming cream, I do get extremely dry skin in the winter and this looks rich.

The box also includes a 20% off code for the Harrods GlossyBox website section. I have visited Harrods in London only once, but I may just have a peep on the website.

What do you think? Do any of you subscribe to a beauty box and did you get this one? Would anyone be interested in reading about my thoughts on any of these products when I've given them a proper try?


Thanks for reading my first foray into the world beyond nails...and now so we can get back to our previously scheduled programme, I'm off to do my nails!

4 comments:

  1. You got the same as me (apart from a different lip colour) I love it. So much better than last months. Lets hope they keep it up. xxx

    http://little-miss-rouge.blogspot.com/2012/03/marchharrods-glossybox.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really pleased this month...fingers crossed! Thanks for reading :) xx

      Delete
  2. This looks so much better than what I get in my Birchbox subscription. My box looks so flimsy and pathetic compared to yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What sort of thing do you get in a Birchbox?

      Delete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...