Friday 16 March 2012

Essie Matte About You, Barry M Black

Here are tonight's nails. I got bored of the plain blue from yesterday kinda fast, so after work today I went to buy Essie's Matte About You matte topcoat and did this:







Oops, bit dusty...sorry about that ;)



What I used:

  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat
  • Barry M black polish (3 coats)
  • Essie Matte About You topcoat
  • Nails Inc Albert Bridge topcoat (for shiny tips)

I freehanded the tips so they're not perfect, but I quite like the overall look. The matte topcoat is great, and I once said I don't like matte nails. I guess I was wrong! It's fun having nails that look like chalkboards!

You might also notice I trimmed my nails a little. They were getting a bit dry at the tips and I couldn't improve it, so I shortened them a little. I don't mind it, and they'll grow!


What do you think?

8 comments:

  1. This is really cute! I like matte and shiny together a lot!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG I love this...so chic :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) Hehe, never been called chic before!

      Delete
  3. I was sure you used scoth tape for rhis, perfect lines!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I wasn't sure what tape would do to matte polish so I just tried for a straight freehand!

      Delete
  4. This looks really good,great idea! :)
    http://strawberry-picnic.blogspot.co.uk/xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...