Sunday 4 March 2012

Barry M Croc Effect Black with Nails Inc Culford Gardens

So, tonight I decided to try the Barry M Croc Effect polish that I just bought. Now, I really don't like crackles - they are just too messy for my liking. But, I had heard good things about this so I gave it a go.

I decided to use Nails Inc Culford Gardens as my base colour, because it's bright and gorgeous.



Once this base colour was touch dry I applied a coat of the croc effect in as thin a layer as I could. You can see where some nails have a thicker coat than others so I could use a bit more practice, but overall I'm happy with the result. It's much neater than crackle and I can see how you could apply more or less for different results. I also like that it dries with a shine (which of course I increased with Seche Vite) It's very different from crackle in that it takes about three minutes for the effect to develop - you see nothing happening for quite some time! I look forward to trying it with different base colours.




What I used:

  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat
  • Nails Inc Culford Gardens (2 coats)
  • Barry M Croc Effect in Black
  • Seche Vite topcoat

Also, don't forget to visit my giveaway blog!

http://www.shepaintshernails.com/2012/03/win-max-factor-fantasy-fire-and-nails.html

What do you think of the Croc Effect?

5 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the Croc effect, i'm not sure how i feel about it. It looks just like crackle, but it separates more randomly. I'm slightly confused with this haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think if I were better at applying it it would be noticeably different haha. It's different in that it takes about 3 minutes to show any effect at all, and it dries with a shine :)

      Delete
  2. I'm not much of a crackle fan either, but I really like these colors together!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really nice! :) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...