Saturday 21 January 2012

Jessica Cosmetics Hologram Chic Duo, Seche Vite topcoat

I decided to give the Jessica Cosmetics Hologram Chic Duo a try last night.

When I first started painting, I thought "Oh...this is just a plain silver polish, nothing is really happe-WAIT! Oh my god it's amazing!" Seriously, it's beautiful. As it begins to dry it just gets more and more holographic:





Lovely, right?

What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle Basecoat
  • Retro Revival (from the Hologram Chic Duo, one coat)
  • Disco Diva (three coats)

It's recommended that you don't use a topcoat with this holographic polish, as it will ruin the shine, so I didn't. It felt weird not adding one. I really love this polish. It goes on very smoothly and starts to change almost immediately from a flat silver into what you see. The pictures don't do it justice at all!

UK readers, I purchased this Duo from http://www.gerrardinternational.com/ - it arrived in 2 days!


Also, this arrived today:


I've been wanting to try Seche Vite topcoat for ages, and found a good deal on the Beauty Bay website - £14.99 for two bottles. Looking forward to giving it a go.


Does anyone have any ideas for my next manicure?

8 comments:

  1. omg! breath taking!!
    liloo/@tsunimee xx
    p.s i hate seche vite. cack in a bottle. yuk lol x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I keep looking at it! Haha, I hope I don't hate it :p Worth a go, I'm running low anyway.xx

      Delete
  2. Love the nails.
    Very retro disco
    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's a bit John Travolta ;) Erm...not that he'd wear holo nail polish I'm sure! x

      Delete
  3. So pretty, I wouldnt be able to stop staring at my nails. Hope you like the seche top coat. I've only tried their base coat, which I havent had any problems with, but I want to eventually try the top coat too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. :) Oh, do you think the basecoat is worth trying?

      Delete
  4. It dries very quickly if that is what you are looking for. I usually use it over my treatment base coat when i'm using glitters...I have this idea that two base coats will keep the glitter from sticking to my nail as much...dunno if the technique actually makes a diff.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...