Sunday 22 January 2012

Nails Inc Saville Row, Konad M73

Today I decided on a darker colour for my manicure, since I've been wearing the Disco Diva holo for a few days. I went with Nails Inc. Here's the polish before I stamped it:


Nails Inc Saville Row (2 coats)

I found it difficult to capture the colour of this one. In this picture it reminds me of Nails Inc Victoria (my all time favourite) but in real life it's much more purple toned than red - a plum shade, I guess. It goes on beautifully though, very smoothly with an incredible shine. Whatever the formulation of this polish is, it's my favourite type to work with. Love it.

After stamping:


Yellow hand of doom!

What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle 
  • Nails Inc Saville Row (2 coats)
  • Konad M73 and Konad Special Lilac polish
  • Seche Vite topcoat

I really like Seche Vite. I was a little concerned because the lovely Liloo mentioned in a comment that she's not a fan, and I was worried that maybe I wouldn't be too! Turns out it's the kind of topcoat I like though - I like the way you can get a bead of it to flow over the nail. The Konad image was one that I hadn't tried yet, it's kinda pretty. It's one of those ones that stamps very finely though, so I had to be careful not to let bits of the image 'break' away. I'm fairly pleased with the overall result today though.



Also, here are a couple of pictures I took today of the Disco Diva holo I blogged about last time. My husband and I went out to Tesco this afternoon (rock and roll, I know) and there was a little bit of watery winter sunshine. I'm sure I looked a bit mad taking photos of my nails in Tesco car park, but a comment on my Facebook page asked whether the holo effect shows up all the time or if the nail has to be tilted just so. I find that the effect is brilliant pretty much all the time, so I did my best to get a sunny example for natural light! Excuse the tipwear, I bashed it up at work:





Finally, (and my apologies for the mega long post) the eagle eyed among you may have noticed that I have moved my blog over to my own domain name. I just wanted something that was a little easier to pass on, and I've never had a domain name of my very own, so I thought now would be a good time. I really like Blogger, so I'm still using it too.

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...