Thursday 19 January 2012

Silly Konad! Nails Inc Brook St and Ikea Helmer

At first, this afternoon, I was going to do a nice, grown up, pretty Konad. But then I changed my mind...

THE CLAAAWWWW!!!



What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat
  • Nails Inc Brook St (2 coats)
  • Konad M59, M79, Q1
  • Konad Special Polish in White, Blue, Yellow, Black and Red
  • Nails Inc Albert Bridge topcoat

I painted the rainbow using a cocktail stick, and Konad special polish. I'm pretty sure I should have at least tried to put the colours in the right order (being a dispensing optician...) but oh well. It's not perfect, but it's my first go.

Oh, and look what arrived today:

 
Ikea Helmer

Jessica Cosmetics Hologram Chic Duo l-r:Disco Diva, Retro Revival


I bought the Helmer after seeing various other people have found it useful for polish storage, and I'm glad I did! I had forgotten how much I hate flatpack furniture, but after a slight struggle with some basic instructions, I got it together.

Here's how I've used it so far:


Drawer 1 - topcoats, basecoats, stamping/Konad equipment

Drawer 2 - Blues and Greens

Drawer 3 - Pinks, Reds, Purples

Drawer 4 - Silvers, Golds, Greys
 
Drawer 5 - Files, polish remover, cotton pads etc


I'm really pleased with it. I can finally stop storing everything in a cardboard box. At this point, my collection is reasonably small so I've left the polishes laying down so I can see all my colours. Drawer 6 is still empty and you can imagine how many polishes would fit if they were all standing. I have a sneaking suspicion that all this space will just encourage me to buy more though...


What do you think?

4 comments:

  1. Love the design of your nails. Especially the bows, they look so professional.

    The storage seems like a brilliant idea, I was amazed with the amount of varinshes you have.

    Peg x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :) I'm pleased with my new storage, it was getting out of hand!

      Delete
  2. I love the rainbow and blots! Very cute!! :) I need to look into Helmers, I am running out of storage space! =P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you! I'm glad I got one, it was all getting a bit cluttered, it holds so much! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...