Tuesday 17 January 2012

A nail experiment! Nails Inc and Boots No7

Here are today's nails. They were a bit of an experiment - after sponging the Galaxy nails I wanted to try something similar, or at least try sponging again. So here they are!

 
Just after sponging, before topcoat


What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat
  • Nails Inc Chalk Farm (2 coats all over nail)
  • Boots No7 Sing The Blues (sponged from middle of nail)
  • Boots No7 Betty Blues (sponged onto tip)
  • Nails Inc Electric Lane holographic topcoat (1 coat all over nail)
  • Nails Inc Albert Bridge topcoat

I used Chalk Farm all over the nail, then sponged the two colours in a gradient style. I then put Electric Lane holographic top coat over the whole nail.


With Electric Lane


I'm quite pleased with the effect, you can see the way that the colours blend into one another. The effect looks a lot more dramatic in real life, but as usual, I can't get the topcoat to show very well in a photograph. I think I would like to try sponging without a topcoat, if I can get the blend smooth enough.

I'm surprised that I managed to resist Konading this though...

What do you think?

7 comments:

  1. one of the best looking gradient i have ever seen. I prefer it pure though, the stage just before the glitter. Would love to see you doing a red orange yellow like that for summer :) liloo/@tsunimee xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I put the holo on because I've never tried a gradient before and I didn't think it looked too good! I'll definitely try the red/orange/yellow!xx

      Delete
  2. I think I actually like it more before the glitter, but it is still really pretty either way! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm going to try one without glitter soon :)

      Delete
  3. Nice gradient! I like it both ways, you can see more of the effect without the top coat which is nice, but I'm one of those glitter freaks so I think everything is better with glitter.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...