Thursday 26 January 2012

Boots No7, Nails Inc, Models Own - Starry Skies

Here's tonight's manicure...I was watching a film and just kind of made it up as I went along. I was hoping for a starry sky effect...

First coat, Boots No7 Betty Blues, no topcoat

Sponged with Boots No7 Sing The Blues and Nails Inc Chalk Farm, with topcoat

Picture with flash to show the sponging

Finished, no flash

No flash



What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle
  • Boots No7 Betty Blues and Sing The Blues
  • Nails Inc Chalk Farm
  • Models Own Snow White, Sterling Silver, Lemon Meringue, Pastel Pink
  • Barry M Grey
  • Seche Vite topcoat
I painted my nails with one coat of Betty Blues (which has fast become one of my favourites, it's a beautiful midnight blue with the finest sparkle) and then sponged Sing The Blues and Chalk Farm over the top in a gradual mix. I then added 'stars' in the Models Own polishes, and the Barry M (all listed above) with a cocktail stick.


As you can see from the pictures, the flash really shows up the blues, and these nails look much nicer in bright light, but it's still winter, and I still get home from work when it's pitch dark! I hope I can get some nicer pictures of things in the summer!


What do you think? This one is less of a gradient, but I kind of enjoyed doing it.

7 comments:

  1. I like this, you did the stars really well...they look like they're twinkling :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, this is beautiful! Particularly the no-flash pics, they're lovely :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I only use my iPhone, it's not bad for nail pics!

      Delete
  3. I love this gorgeous blue! And your art is wonderful, you did a really great job, very pretty!! =)

    P.S. I tagged you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much :)

      Thanks for the tag, I'll check it out!

      Delete
  4. Keep up this great blog and keep great information coming for new people like me.

    thanks.
    ----
    safety boots manufacturers

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...