Saturday 24 March 2012

March Jolie Box Review

I did this with my GlossyBox so I decided I'll show you what I got in the March JolieBox too.

This is only my second JolieBox, and whilst I was quite pleased with last month's, I can't make up my mind this time.

The most exciting moment?
All full size products






Yardley Luxury Body Wash in Lavender


Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner in Powder Pink

Davines Authentic Moisturising Balm

LCN Nail Polish - unspecified peachy colour








JolieBox mirror

What I received:

Yardley Luxury Body Wash in Lavender: I really, seriously don't like lavender, so I was a bit disappointed not to get one of the other three scents. I'm sure this is lovely, but I can't use a lavender product...it's just me, I know.

Davines Authentic Moisturising Balm: I tried a little of this on my hands, and it's supposed to be rinsed off which is unusual, but it made my skin feel lovely and soft and smells sort of like jojoba/lemon.

Eyeko Skinny Eyeliner: Another one I'm disappointed with. I love the design of the eyeliner, but I can't imagine who would find a use for a Powder Pink shade. I don't want to use pink on my waterline and it wouldn't show up on my skin very well at all. Odd. I would have loved a black pencil.

LCN Nail Polish in a peachy colour: Naturally, I was happy to see a nail polish. This is a nice peachy colour with some sparkle. I will swatch it very soon, it looks like it will be sheer with a nice shine.

JolieBox mirror: A nice touch, but I would probably have preferred a sample or product in all honesty, as this isn't the nicest quality, and I have a lovely Ruby and Millie mirror that my mum bought me in my handbag. But I appreciate that JolieBox put these little extras in.


So, overall, I like the balm and I like the nail polish, but the other products are just not for me. I don't believe that many people at all will like a pink eye pencil, and the Yardley product is just too old fashioned for me. I'm not yet sure whether to keep my subscription.


What did you think? Did you love your JolieBox this month?

3 comments:

  1. It's really good that you got a whole box of full size items! :)
    I had the eyeliner and the Davines balm in a Glossybox a while ago. The eyeliner is okay, I sometimes use it on my waterline as it doesn't show up too pink on me. I loooove the Davines balm, it's so good on any dry skin, and also on the ends of your hair! Really makes it soft and smells so so good. There's a full review of the moisturising balm and the matching body wash on my blog if you want to hear more of my thoughts on it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. The polish looks like it'll be great for Spring! It looks really pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The polish looks really pretty, the eyeliner on the other hand is kind of odd that its a pale pink. It looks more like a lip pencil than an eyeliner shade.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...