Wednesday 4 July 2012

Barry M Aqua Glitter and Bourjois Rainbow Apparition

A couple of spangly manicures to show you tonight!

First up is Barry M Aqua Glitter:




 I layered the glitter over two coats of Barry M Blueberry Ice Cream here, mainly because I don't like using about 5 coats of glitter. It's a really lovely bright shiny colour. The only downside is that I got quite a bit of shrinkage, which is annoying because it really is pretty.


The next pictures are of Bourjois Rainbow Apparition (best name!) over two coats of Barry M Berry Ice Cream. This glitter is also packed with holo pieces which sadly don't show up in the pictures! This one is really lovely and I didn't see any shrinkage. The only downside to this one is the brush, which is supposed to be wide and flat, which I suppose might be nice to paint with if you have big nails beds, but my nails are really small and it means that I have to be so careful not to just make a mess. I don't like to have to clean up after I paint my nails and I don't normally have to, but this brush is tricky.



Daylight shot!

For both of these manicures I used Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat and Seche Vite topcoat. The Barry M glitter soaked up two layers of Seche Vite to be smooth, and the Bourjois glitter only needed one.

I'm still wearing the Bourjois glitter now, it's lovely. I'm not going to pretend it was easy removing the Barry M one though...the foil came out!

What do you think?

2 comments:

  1. I adore the bourjois polish I must look out for it! :)

    Lucy
    http://lucyywrites01.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the blue glitter, and that purple is gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...