Tuesday 14 February 2012

Jessica Cosmetics Hologram Nail Art with Boots No7 Sing The Blues

For tonight's nails, I tried something I've not done before!

Boots No7 Sing The Blues

Boots No7 Sing The Blues with Jessica Cosmetics Disco Diva


What I used:
  • Sally Hansen Nailgrowth Miracle basecoat
  • Boots No7 Sing The Blues (2 coats)
  • Jessica Cosmetics Hologram Duo in Disco Diva (3 coats)
  • Seche Vite before the holo coat
  • Sticky tape to mask off the nail!
I started with the blue basecoat, and topcoat, then when it was completely dry (I mean do something else for at least 30 minutes dry) I masked off the line with sticky tape. Just clear, plain old sellotape. I painted three coats of the holo polish with not a lot of time between coats and then peeled off the tape carefully as soon as I could.

Don't use a topcoat as it will wreck the holo effect! It's also important to peel off the tape as soon as you can. That's it. I'd like to try more complicated designs once I've got the hang of this method.

What do you think?

Oh and one more thing - do these nails remind anyone else of Red Bull? No? Just me then...

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love this! I like how you are playing around with holo. I didnt think of redbull when I saw this but now I do...just add a lil yellow and red line inbetween and you're free advertising ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I love holo, and I need to get better at art ;)

      Delete
  2. wow, I just found your blog on fb and I love it ! : ) and this mani is so neat and pretty ! where did you get the jessica polish from ? I really want to get my hands on it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much! The Jessica Holo is from www.gerrardinternational.com!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice swatch. I did not know that Jessica had its own holographic nail polish. I love your blog. I'm following you now :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! I am a bit in love with this holo!x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...