Monday 20 February 2012

Max Factor Fantasy Fire - Amazing.

So, when Liloo posted a brilliantly tempting blog about Max Factor Max Effect Fantasy Fire over on her blog here: Le Petit Jardin de Liloo, I was immediately smitten and made it my mission to get my hands on this little beauty of a polish. Today, I did. She was right.

Today is my husband's birthday, but he's still great enough to hunt down nail polish with me. We initially went into Boots, who have the Max Factor mini polishes on 3 for 2, they had some beautiful colours, but alas, no Fantasy Fire. So off we went to Superdrug...and they had it! I'm not ashamed to say I bought all three bottles straight off the shelf. Much.

Here it is:

Can't. Look. Away.

A tiny hint of all the colours this holds

It's a mini bottle, I just have tiny hands

What I used:
  • Nails Inc Kensington Caviar basecoat
  • Nails Inc Basil Street (1 coat)
  • Max Factor Max Effect in Fantasy Fire (about 5 coats!!)
  • Seche Vite topcoat

Now, I'm willing to say, there are a few downsides with this gorgeous polish. I'm just going to give you a rundown of what I see to be the good and the bad.
  • It's unbelievably sheer. As you can see, I layered it over a coat of nude polish just to get started, and still used 4-5 coats and it's still more sheer than I'd like.
  • The bottle is tiny, and when you're using this much it won't last long. It's £3.99.
  • The brush is tiny, obviously, and hard to paint with.
But:
  • Just look at it. It's literally jumped straight into my top 5 favourite polishes of all time.
  • The colour reminds me of Dairy Milk chocolate wrappers...
  • It's wonderfully shiny.
  • Again, just look. In all honesty, it's a million times nicer in real life. My crappy iPhone photography skills won't let me capture the shades of red, gold, green, blue, purple...

I think I'm in love. Thank you Liloo.

13 comments:

  1. haha, you got three fantasy fire? your photos are way nicer than mine. Much deeper colour, I was stingy and only put 2 coats on. Aaa i can't wait to play with other base coats now. I want to try it on some red next xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yep! I loved it on sight! Ooh, it will look amazing on red! I want to try it over Nails Inc Emerald City too.xx

      Delete
  2. Amazing really describes it.... looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just found the green in it, but it's soooo hard to photograph!! :) Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  3. You lucky UK girl, you! *shakes fist* So pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you ever wanna PayPal me funds I'm happy to post stuff :)

      Delete
  4. Oh my goodness this is SO pretty ... I haven't seen anything like this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soooo jealous! I was bidding on some this weekend on ebay and I had to back down, too much $$ for tiny bottles even though it looks so amazing. You should have an international giveaway for one of your extras *HINT HINT* ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I definitely see why you looked so hard for this one! It's gorgeous!! ^.^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to try and buy more! *shamefaced*

      Delete
  7. LOVE this color! It's so fabulous! New follower by the way :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading! Please leave me a comment, or tweet me @ViktoriaDeRoy.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...